Singapore Back to Real Estate News Homepage to RSS for this country

SG Property News

SG HDB rolls out record 8952 flats

Property Here - Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Share to:

The housing board on Tuesday launched 8,952 flats for sale under its latest Build-to-Order (BTO) and balance flats exercise, making this the largest joint exercise to date.

Of this number, 4,978 BTOs were released across six projects in Bukit Batok, Hougang, Jurong West, Sembawang and Woodlands. Unit types include studio apartments (SAs), two-to five-room flats and 3Gen flats.

First-time buyers will continue to enjoy priority flat allocation of at least 85 percent for four- and five-room units, and 70 percent for two- and three-room units in the BTO supply for non-mature estates.

Meanwhile, up to 15 percent of SAs, two- and three-room flats in a BTO project (subject to a minimum of 20 units each) will be set aside for parents applying under the Multi-Generation Priority Scheme (MGPS). The same number of two-room and bigger flats will be set aside in the same BTO project for their married children. 

The MGPS for parents and married children to apply jointly for flats in the same BTO project will be available to those applying for flats at Admiralty Grove, Hougang Meadow, Boon Lay View and West Ridges @ Bukit Batok. 

In addition, 50 percent of SAs in Hougang Meadow will be reserved for eligible elderly applicants under the Studio Apartment Priority Scheme (SAPS).

Eligible first-timer households can receive up to S$60,000 in housing grants comprising the Additional CPF Housing Grant (up to S$40,000) and Special CPF Housing Grant (up to S$20,000), meaning that the 2-room, 3-room, 4-room and 5-room flats will be priced from as low as S$15,000, S$106,000, S$201,000 and S$297,000 respectively.

At the same time, 3,974 balance flats in 11 non-mature and 12 mature estates are up for sale. The units comprise SAs, two- to five-room flats and executive flats reserved for families.

Around 14 percent of these flats are already completed, while the remaining 86 percent are still under construction.

This latest launch brings the total BTO flat supply this year to 25,139 units – surpassing HDB's earlier commitment of 25,000 units. A total of 33,568 flats were launched this year under the May and November balance flats exercises and the July and September BTO exercises.

HDB is accepting applications for the new flats from today until 2 December.