AU Top kitchen tips
Property Here - Tuesday, June 04, 2013
THE kitchen is one of the most important rooms in the home for adding value to your property.
1. Emotions are powerful - consider design choices that appeal to the broad market (or a specific target market if that is your goal). This should not mean the space should be boring or safe. People want to be impressed so ensure there are some "wow'' items that people fall in love with - emotions drive up prices.
2. Incorporate natural materials and textures as they are timeless, enduring and appeal to the mass market. Ensure there is balance in the space, not just the kitchen itself but the adjoin rooms also.
3. Lighting is paramount and can make or break a space. People love feature and ambient lighting - definantly an area that can really make an impact yet it is so often forgotten.
4. Select quality brands for fixtures including taps and sinks, and appliances such as Miele and Gagenau . People associate quality with brands.
5. Install the best hardware for soft closing doors and drawers. When potential buyers look at your kitchen they will want to touch and feel and they will open up cupboards and drawers. So consider how they open and close.
>> Source: Darren James from Interiors by Darren James.
Read more: http://www.news.com.au/realestate/investing/top-kitchen-tips/story-fndbarft-1226656662900#ixzz2VJRqTpsR